Today is the day that launch a new way of getting more books and stories out to you all. I know it’s taken me a while but you can now join my Patreon page (patreon.com/dncwrites) to get everything from unpublished (meaning never hitting this blog) short stories and poems, extra scenes, book previews of my upcoming two books and so much more.
It’s time for me to push myself and my passion so that I can live the fiction writing lifestyle I’ve always dreamt of. There are many roads to get to that dream, most of which take a decade to fulfilled but you know–I’m too ambitious and focused to wait that damn long. I’m working to make it come true now and your support will help to get me there faster and books in your hands sooner.
What I do, the words and stories that I write are not just a “thing” for me. It’s so damn fulfilling that I’m willing to just throw myself out there and see where God points me next.
Even though it would be so dope to quit my day job and just do this full-time, it’s not realistic…yet. So in the meantime, I giving you all, my passion-fy family, exclusive stories that have been catching dust on my hard drive and real uncensored videos and post about life stuff, just not writing tips, and then, when we hit a goal or two, I’m dropping my podcast!
So as you can see, I’ve listened to your requests and as promised I’ve figured out something that works sooner than later.
Go and visit my page, and if you’re ready, there is already a story, or two waiting for you!
With passion and gratitude,
P.S. Patreon is for my 18+ years and older family 🙂 You know what that means.
I’m excited to announce there are only four days left before my next piece Like. Love. Lust. hits stores! It’s currently available for pre-sale on Amazon Kindle. Paperback will be available soon!
#relationshipgoals A hashtag loosely thrown around, identifying those perfect qualities for the ideal relationship model.
Symbolizing the great times with little—if any—emphasis on the devastating times. What about the nervousness and unsure moments? How about the fallen in and out of love? And what do you do when lust blinds; blocking what is the next best step for you and the relationship?
Like. Love. Lust. is an emotional revelation from DNC that breathes truth into the other side of #relationshipgoals – the real journey. The poetic passion-fy story line told through prose, sonnets, narratives and long-form stanzas, speaks to the realism behind discovering each emotion, and battling with the complexities of their natural course, also known as human nature.
Enjoy a new take on #relationshipgoals where you are free to like instinctively, love differently and lust indefinitely. #likelovelust
Connect with DNC
If you have been following my social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook and Instagram) you might have noticed something different…yep my book cover.
Here are five reasons why I change my book cover:
- Change for the better: As a businesswoman and a marketer, I understand that sometimes you have to adapt your strategy to get your product, i.e. my words, more visible to an ideal audience. FYI, keep reading to get a discount on this “change”.
- Realism vs. animation: I like to think of myself as a creative being, and even though I love my original cover because it depicts the woman who I strive to be—quietly sexy and choosing to go my own unique way—I needed it to draw in new readers within the current contemporary/erotica genre. My reality check is that Passion-fy is in it’s grassroots phase, and will take time to catch on. And that’s okay too.
- Standing out and not away: So yes, my cover was depicted from my own thought, which was untraditionally outside of the normal erotica theme. But I was okay with that until I noticed that maybe it was a tad too far from those who are used to seeing other books within the genre. I’ve received great feedback on the stories so I took a take a step back, but still up, on the cover.
- Feedback from a big wig: They, as in Barnes & Noble, didn’t say they didn’t like my cover, but they did bring up “helping” with cover designs *wink wink*.
- Gut feeling a.k.a. instinctual: The last and probably the most important reason is this; I already knew this was going to happen. This new cover was actually the mock up for the final illustration. So I think I already knew this day would come and here it is.
NEW VLOG ABOUT THE COVER CHANGE!
Those are my reasons and I’m optimistic at this new look. My hope that this, you and anyone else who hasn’t picked up my book, will take a look at the cover + the reviews and go ahead and take a chance on a new, passionate author.
For those of you are prefer the new cover to the old, I’m giving a discount on the paperback version for a limited time. Use promo code 3RJC3YSM when you purchase through CreateSpace to save 20% on a newly wrapped piece of passion-fy. Just in time for the holidays!
Tell me what you think of the cover? Who wore it better: Cover A or Cover B.
There is only one day left to grab “Untraditional” on Kindle for only $0.99! Gift it, keep it for yourself or share it. There’s enough passion to go around!
Purchase a copy here!
Ranked #70 on African American Erotica Best Seller’s List
4.3 Stars on Amazon
“I want to read a novel of each one of the short stories because I have fallen in love with the characters!” – Amazon Review
I want to thank all my readers for stopping by and taking time out your day to read my words. I am ecstatic to share with you that my first book, Untraditional: A Collection of Passion-Fy Short Stories, is now available!
If you’ve been following my blog, you’ve probably ran into a couple of the book’s excerpts like:
And now it’s available on Createspace, Amazon, Amazon Kindle and Lulu (if you want to read it in your iBooks library). If you want an autographed, personalize copy just email me at email@example.com.
I am so excited about this moment and I plan to live in it as long as I can. I hope that this piece makes you feel something whether it’s excitement, enticement, passion, anger, frustration or any emotion.
Thank you for coming with me on this journey, and there is so much more to come…
With passion, DNC