If you have been following my social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook and Instagram) you might have noticed something different…yep my book cover.
Here are five reasons why I change my book cover:
- Change for the better: As a businesswoman and a marketer, I understand that sometimes you have to adapt your strategy to get your product, i.e. my words, more visible to an ideal audience. FYI, keep reading to get a discount on this “change”.
- Realism vs. animation: I like to think of myself as a creative being, and even though I love my original cover because it depicts the woman who I strive to be—quietly sexy and choosing to go my own unique way—I needed it to draw in new readers within the current contemporary/erotica genre. My reality check is that Passion-fy is in it’s grassroots phase, and will take time to catch on. And that’s okay too.
- Standing out and not away: So yes, my cover was depicted from my own thought, which was untraditionally outside of the normal erotica theme. But I was okay with that until I noticed that maybe it was a tad too far from those who are used to seeing other books within the genre. I’ve received great feedback on the stories so I took a take a step back, but still up, on the cover.
- Feedback from a big wig: They, as in Barnes & Noble, didn’t say they didn’t like my cover, but they did bring up “helping” with cover designs *wink wink*.
- Gut feeling a.k.a. instinctual: The last and probably the most important reason is this; I already knew this was going to happen. This new cover was actually the mock up for the final illustration. So I think I already knew this day would come and here it is.
NEW VLOG ABOUT THE COVER CHANGE!
Those are my reasons and I’m optimistic at this new look. My hope that this, you and anyone else who hasn’t picked up my book, will take a look at the cover + the reviews and go ahead and take a chance on a new, passionate author.
For those of you are prefer the new cover to the old, I’m giving a discount on the paperback version for a limited time. Use promo code 3RJC3YSM when you purchase through CreateSpace to save 20% on a newly wrapped piece of passion-fy. Just in time for the holidays!
Tell me what you think of the cover? Who wore it better: Cover A or Cover B.
Tomorrow, I’ll be featured as an Emerging Writer at the 2016 Decatur Book Festival. I’m super excited, nervous, scattered-brained, confident and all that other stuff. If you’re in the Atlanta area, come out tomorrow, Sept. 4 at 1:50 pm to get a little passion-fy for the soul! Follow me on YouTube as I vlog my way through this adventure. A new video is up!
There is only one day left to grab “Untraditional” on Kindle for only $0.99! Gift it, keep it for yourself or share it. There’s enough passion to go around!
Purchase a copy here!
Ranked #70 on African American Erotica Best Seller’s List
4.3 Stars on Amazon
“I want to read a novel of each one of the short stories because I have fallen in love with the characters!” – Amazon Review
I want to thank all my readers for stopping by and taking time out your day to read my words. I am ecstatic to share with you that my first book, Untraditional: A Collection of Passion-Fy Short Stories, is now available!
If you’ve been following my blog, you’ve probably ran into a couple of the book’s excerpts like:
And now it’s available on Createspace, Amazon, Amazon Kindle and Lulu (if you want to read it in your iBooks library). If you want an autographed, personalize copy just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I am so excited about this moment and I plan to live in it as long as I can. I hope that this piece makes you feel something whether it’s excitement, enticement, passion, anger, frustration or any emotion.
Thank you for coming with me on this journey, and there is so much more to come…
With passion, DNC
So world, it’s time. I’m so ready to let you guys into my world even more than I already have. But I have great news and not-bad-but-not-totally-great news. Which one do you want first?
Ok I’m tired of waiting on your response. 🙂
Let’s start with the latter (not-bad-but-not-totally-great-news) I’m pushing my book release date back to February 2016 — Valentine’s day weekend to be exact. Yes I know, I said I wanted to bring it out for my birthday (November) but I’ve realized that I’ve got be a little more patient. I know with this additional wait I’m going to give y’all something you’re really going to enjoy…at least I hope so. Patience is key.
So now that that’s out of the way, let’s take about the great news!
I’m excited to announce the title and give you a sneak peek of my book.
So what do you think? Read more about the book on its new page Book: Untraditional.
I’m super excited that the finish line is right around the corner and I’m very humble by all the guidance I’ve receive along this path. I want to give a S/O to my amazing cover designer Mike Lancette who brought my vision to life. You’re amazing man!
Since I have a few extra months before the release, and I know you’re probably like “but can she write”, I will be dropping excerpts from my book up until it’s release. I truly hope you take a chance on a new, engaging and creative writer because this ride is only the beginning and I want you all to enjoy this journey with me. Oh and don’t forget to like my fan page DNC.
#passionfy #UntraditonalVday #BeUntraditional #DNC #itsabouttogodown