Enjoy this excerpt from my most recent release, a collection of passion-fy poetry entitled Like. Love. Lust.
With all my flaws, I let him look.
Seeing the imperfections of time,
Wondering about the beauty of the future
And he never blinked.
He was confident that the flaws he glared at
Were but the windows into the love he’d once dreamt of.
Willing to sacrifice the next moment of realism,
For a fantasy world filled with wishful ecstasy.
I’m excited to announce there are only four days left before my next piece Like. Love. Lust. hits stores! It’s currently available for pre-sale on Amazon Kindle. Paperback will be available soon!
#relationshipgoals A hashtag loosely thrown around, identifying those perfect qualities for the ideal relationship model.
Symbolizing the great times with little—if any—emphasis on the devastating times. What about the nervousness and unsure moments? How about the fallen in and out of love? And what do you do when lust blinds; blocking what is the next best step for you and the relationship?
Like. Love. Lust. is an emotional revelation from DNC that breathes truth into the other side of #relationshipgoals – the real journey. The poetic passion-fy story line told through prose, sonnets, narratives and long-form stanzas, speaks to the realism behind discovering each emotion, and battling with the complexities of their natural course, also known as human nature.
Enjoy a new take on #relationshipgoals where you are free to like instinctively, love differently and lust indefinitely. #likelovelust
Connect with DNC
If you have been following my social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook and Instagram) you might have noticed something different…yep my book cover.
Here are five reasons why I change my book cover:
- Change for the better: As a businesswoman and a marketer, I understand that sometimes you have to adapt your strategy to get your product, i.e. my words, more visible to an ideal audience. FYI, keep reading to get a discount on this “change”.
- Realism vs. animation: I like to think of myself as a creative being, and even though I love my original cover because it depicts the woman who I strive to be—quietly sexy and choosing to go my own unique way—I needed it to draw in new readers within the current contemporary/erotica genre. My reality check is that Passion-fy is in it’s grassroots phase, and will take time to catch on. And that’s okay too.
- Standing out and not away: So yes, my cover was depicted from my own thought, which was untraditionally outside of the normal erotica theme. But I was okay with that until I noticed that maybe it was a tad too far from those who are used to seeing other books within the genre. I’ve received great feedback on the stories so I took a take a step back, but still up, on the cover.
- Feedback from a big wig: They, as in Barnes & Noble, didn’t say they didn’t like my cover, but they did bring up “helping” with cover designs *wink wink*.
- Gut feeling a.k.a. instinctual: The last and probably the most important reason is this; I already knew this was going to happen. This new cover was actually the mock up for the final illustration. So I think I already knew this day would come and here it is.
NEW VLOG ABOUT THE COVER CHANGE!
Those are my reasons and I’m optimistic at this new look. My hope that this, you and anyone else who hasn’t picked up my book, will take a look at the cover + the reviews and go ahead and take a chance on a new, passionate author.
For those of you are prefer the new cover to the old, I’m giving a discount on the paperback version for a limited time. Use promo code 3RJC3YSM when you purchase through CreateSpace to save 20% on a newly wrapped piece of passion-fy. Just in time for the holidays!
Tell me what you think of the cover? Who wore it better: Cover A or Cover B.
My mind has been all over the place, jumping from project to project but one of them is almost ready! Get a sneak peek and let me know what you think.